Another January and another round of warm winter wind. The wind threatened to knock down our storage tents at the property for the truck and boat, but also made the roads around town an icy mess!!
The Red Dragon ended up sliding towards the street in the driveway. I tried to move it back by reversing the truck, but no luck. I ended up putting the stinger down on the driveway to kind of lock it in place! The next day Sam helped me to chop the ice and I was able to get enough traction to move it back closer to the house and not have it block the driveway.
The tents faired ok with the winds. Sam and I went over to the property late and tightened all of poles and strapped the structure down for a big blow. We ended up rolling up both ends to let the wind blow through. The boat tent, with no ends, seemed to be fairing better than the tent Red Dragon tent with the ends installed. The wind was really ripping, and it was no fun standing on top of the ladder trying to push the zipper up! Sam and I managed and he was a big help. I tried standing on a few of the 55-gallon drums at one point and fell off and hit the ground hard. No biggie, but it was a shock to the ol' body.
The wind was forecast to last only until 10am the next day, but lasted quite a bit longer. That was the joke at the house as the hours ticked away. The wind finally stopped blowing around 3pm. I had Zach stop by after school and check the tents again. They seemed to do ok, and the wind was not bad there, so I had him pull the zippers down. He was not really happy about climbing the ladder (no one likes climbing high on the ladder), but he was successful in the end.
The very next day we go about 4 inches of snow, making the roads even slicker!! I snow blew the driveway again and even used WALL-MT to help clear the berm by the road. All in all, just another fun winter of wild weather.



No comments:
Post a Comment