I have been friends with Chris for a few years. He is a super interesting person and has a lot of history in Alaska. Chris has a book out now chronicling his life. His lovely with Brigetta wrote the book and it turned out great. The book has been out for about six months now and I have been trying to meet up with him to buy the book and have Chris sign it! I saw a post on Friday that Chris was going to be at Barns and Nobel on Saturday starting at 1 am, so I made a point to go and see him there.
Chris was there with two of his sons and was happy to see me. I said hey and he asked if if I was there to buy his book. I said yes, of course. He went to grab a soft back, and then asked if I wanted the hard back. I said yes, I wanted the hard back and he said Wunderbar!! I re-introduced myself to CJ and told him about the time we hung out on my buddy Peters boat in PWS a few years ago. He sort of remembered that trip and then asked if I had been to his Dad's place in Kussen, which I had. Chris then told the story of hanging out drinking Pear Schnapps in his basement in Kussen and then an Oktoberfest story, where we tried to pay for an Uber for him and Birgetta and then ended up taking it ourselves and getting lost in the process. We had a good laugh and then I asked for this photo. It turned out great!! I am glad that I took the time to head down for the book and autograph.
No comments:
Post a Comment